Well Permitting Info & Instructions

Permit Forms

Aggregate Permit Application

Annual Water Use Form

Major Amendment to Permit Form

Minor Amendment to Permit Form

Permit Application Operating Class A & B
(Class A - Maximum capability of pumping 200 gpm or less)                                             (Class B - Maximum capability of pumping 200 to 600 gpm)

Permit Application Operating Class C
(Capable of pumping more than 600 gpm)

Permit Renewal Form

Transport Permit Application


Will I have to permit my water well that I use for domestic use?  Livestock use? 

If the well is capable of pumping more than 35 gallons per minute (50,000 gallons per day), it will require a permit.

Is my lawn sprinkler system considered irrigation? 

Watering a typical lawn or garden would fall into the category of domestic use and would require a permit if the well is capable of pumping more than 35 gallons per minute (50,000 gallons per day). Irrigation of crops does require a permit.

Do rig supply wells require a permit?

By state law, wells supplying water to a rig drilling for hydrocarbons are exempt.

Do wells drilled for fracking require a permit?

Possibly. Contact our office to discuss further.

What does it cost to permit my well?  

For new wells, Class A is $ 25.00, Class B is $ 50.00 and Class C is $ 75.00.

Does my well need to be metered? 

All Class C wells require a meter, however, the Board reserves the right to require a meter on other permitted wells.         

Are there screening restrictions for permitted wells?

Class A and Class B permitted wells do not have screening restrictions. Class C permitted wells may not screen within the first 200 feet.

About Us
Regulatory Info
Public Notices
Election Info
Well Registration
Well Permitting
New Well Facts
Monitor Well Data
Contact Us